Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Raw Falafel (Curry)

After many requests, here it is: the raw falafel recipe:

It's a simple flax, sunflower seed mixture, 1:1, ground up completely and put into a bowl; I used a cup and a half of each. Mix in your dry spices; in this case I used: 1 1/2 Tbsp turmeric root powder, 1 tsp. whole cumin seeds, 2 tsp. paprika, 1 Tbsp. red pepper flakes, 1 tsp cayenne powder, 2 tsp. dry terragon leaves and 2 tsp ground mustard seed. After mixing those together I began to add my wet ingredients: 2 Tbsp. respectively Bragg's or Tamari (or Nama Shoyu for purism) and cold-pressed olive-oil and finally 1/2 C of water to make a solid batter-like consistancy. I pattied it out into falafels and put it in the dehydrator for 3 hours. Flipped them for another 3 hours.

Finally I spread the hummus recipe from below on top of them with another side of the same hummus, red, green and gold salad and cucumber and carrots.

Serves 4-5 easily! I was able to make 6 falafels out of the above ingredients.

Much Loves, and enjoy!
Xam Devesh


Be sure to tell me how it turned out, leave comments and also, if you haven't started already, follow my blog!

1 comment: